What to Do During a Hurricane?
First, evacuate if you are directed to do so or if you feel it might be unsafe to remain in your home.
If you remain in your home, follow these tips to help you and your family stay safe during the storm:
- Use a portable radio to listen to important storm updates, information and instructions.
- Stay inside and keep away from all windows, skylights and glass doors.
- Go to a safe area, such as an interior room, closet or downstairs bathroom.
- Never go outside the protection of your home or shelter before there is confirmation that the storm has passed the area.
- If power is lost, keep the refrigerator closed to keep cold air trapped and delay spoilage of perishable food.
A fast response is crucial to flooding and storm damage, because it reduces secondary damage and restoration costs. Storms don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we.
Our technicians will respond immediately, day or night, to help Mission/Edinburg business owners and residents.