Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm
You can’t stop a tropical storm or hurricane, but you can take steps now to protect yourself and your family. If you live in areas at risk, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) encourages you to begin preparing for hurricane season. The Atlantic hurricane season is June 1 through November 30 each year.
Please follow these important hurricane preparedness tips from CDC:
Prepare for a Hurricane:
- Be informed of all details pertaining to the storm.
Emergency Supplies You Will Need:
- Stock your home and your car with supplies.
Make a Plan:
- Create a family disaster plan.
Avoid Flooded Areas:
- Take precautions before, during, and after a flood.
Prepare to Evacuate:
- Never ignore an evacuation order as soon as it's given.
Protecting Older Adults:
- Understand older adult health & medical concerns.
- Ensure your pet’s safety before, during, and after an emergency.
After a hurricane:
- Learn how to avoid injuries, make sure your food and water are safe, and clean up.
Restoring storm- and flood-damaged properties is the cornerstone of our business. Our highly trained professionals use specialized equipment and advanced training to quickly restore your Mission/Edinburg property to pre-storm condition.
We’re dedicated to responding immediately, which helps to minimize secondary damage.