When it comes to mold there’s some things that you should be aware. One thing is that mold is everywhere. It can be found outside, inside and even in commercial spaces. Mold will typically grow in wet or damp areas and can cause structural damage, rot wood even damage drywall. If you find signs of mold or suspect of mold in your commercial space, call a professional immediately before it causes serious problems or interrupts the production of your business.
What Are the types of MOLD?
In order to fully understand mold, its important to know the common mold types that are out there which include:
- Alternaria- This type of mold propagates outdoors but can be carried indoors by the wind
- Aspergillus- This type of mold is found indoors.
- Cladosporium- This is not as severe as aspergillus but should keep an eye out for it as well.
- Penicillium- This is easy to spot because it is either green or yellow.
- Stachybotrys- This is known as black mold. This type of mold can cause structural damage to properties and produce a foul odor.
These types of molds can be found within your commercial with uncontrolled moisture issues. The best way to prevent mold is to monitor for leaks and patch them up immediately. Proper ventilation will also prevent the growth of mold.
Its important to know and practice preventative measure to prevent mild outbreaks in your indoor spaces. If your mold problem is recurring, a remediation can help solve your problems and ensure you that the mold won’t grow back.