Home Sweet.. Business?
Water damages within your business.
When owning a small business or a franchise, regardless of the size, we care for our business the same way we would our home.
One of the most dreadful things we can deal with is water damages within your business. Weather it’s a local small business or not, you don’t want to get that call that there are water damages due to whatever reason.
Here are some pointers you might want to check out if you are a business owner and you want to prevent water damage.
- Stay up to date on weather news- you want to be able to be ahead of the storm in other words to take the necessary precautions and avoid any or severe damages.
- Sand bags- many counties provide this locally to people and businesses. Align them outside your building to prevent water coming in.
- Cover windows and doors- you don’t have to but some businesses do take an extra precaution by boarding up windows and doors. (Eliminating any broken windows from wind/debris)
- Valve shut off- know and educate your employees (if you have any) where to locate the shut off valves. If by any chance you have an unstructured business or not well insulated, by you shutting off the valves you’re avoiding a pipe to crack, freeze or bust.
- Inventory and vital paper work- keep all your paper work backed up on an electronic device for safe keeping and/or keep your paperwork in high shelves or in a secure area; where water cannot reach them in the event of a flood. (Waterproof containers work great)
- regular inspection to your business- water damage doesn’t only happen from a flood or busted pipe (from storms and heavy winds and rain)- roofs can start to leak, hot water heaters can leak, air conditioners can leak, sprinkler systems (when triggered) can cause commercial water damage for business.
If you know of someone who is experience water damages or you yourself have been curious about these problems within your business, call SERVPRO. Ranging from east mission/south Edinburg we will be by your side in the even if all you need is an inspection or cleaning/restoration service. Our lights might be off at the office but we carry our phones with us to be at your service the second you place your claim. Call now for more information on your business